Monday 30 December 2013

Friends (Friendship Part 3)

As the year draws to an end I just want to jot down some brief notes about friendship.

This year has had its many "ups and downs" but upon reflection the "ups" have all included my friends.

When I think and ponder, the "list" is extensive but the pleasing thing is that it has been "two way".  I say "two way" as I think I am a pretty good friend for those that I care about deeply and love.

So as the year ends I feel that we should sit back and focus on the good things that have happened.  We should not dismiss the negative, but learn from them and see the positive that has evolved.

I am going to start with a few examples and hope that they prompt you to remember the good things friends have assisted you with or how you have assisted them.

  • Provided a fabulous and truly memorable time in Paris.  The first thing that comes to mind are the late dinners discussing diverse and serious topics over bottles of wine and reflecting on the days events.  I will always remember your love and friendship and the sense of "being a local - even for just a brief period in time" - merci my friends.
  • Tricycle Love - definitely something to write about in the future, and when I reflect on the love that exist it does bring a tear to my eye.  May we grow old together like the "tricycle in 30 years time" we saw out for lunch a couple of weeks ago.
  • Canberra Family Christmas - it gets bigger and better.
  • Spending Christmas with friends - many many thanks and much love.
  • Being there after a breakup.  There is something comforting about being able to turn to friends or have your friends turn to you during this difficult time.  Friends and booze - what more can I say!
  • Surprising Friends - especially when they have not yet discovered their surprise sitting on their back porch!
  • Saturday/Sunday afternoon coffee - I hope I made the weeks go that fraction quicker until you were reunited with your soul mate.
  • Living with a friend - we give each other a hard time - okay I give her a hard time but we are always there for each other.  May Shawfoot Manor live for another 12 months!
  • Working with friends.
  • Making wedding gift bags.
  • Being asked to be a groomsman.
  • Christmas in July but in August.
  • Ja'maizing dinners and TV - I know a couple who will get this one!
  • Offering the "good room" as a place of refuge.


There are many more but I hope you enjoyed these select few.  So as the year ends take a time to remember your friendships, cherish them and keep working on them for the upcoming year.


No comments:

Post a Comment